For us, getting great gifts and maintaining a balanced and sustainable approach means planning in advance - no last-minute panic buying, just thoughtful and well-researched purchases. Christmas is a time where we like to support other independent ethical and sustainable brands and businesses too.
Recommended Christmas Shopping In London
There are many places to shop in London, here are some of our favourite places:
- Selfridges - check out their secondhand and vintage clothes, pop-ups, and the new 'Re-Selfridges' initiative (also online)
- Liberty London- always a firm favourite, a highly curated collection of beautiful pieces for the home and wardrobe
- The Spirit of Christmas Fair - this takes place at London Olympia every year and is very comprehensive
- Wolf & Badger - a shop dedicated to independent ethical and sustainable brands (we're stocked here in London and New York City)
If you're looking for a wider selection of more 'sustainable shopping' locations you can check out The Sustainable Stylist’s Shopping Map which highlights lots of places across the city (and many we've yet to explore).
Christmas Shopping Online
There are many options for shopping online these days, so we're sure this list will need to be updated regularly. Here are some of our favourite online shopping destinations right now:
- The Ethical Brand Boutique - has a small curated collection of fashion and accessory brands (you'll find us there as a Stylists Pick)
- Wolf & Badger - has a UK and US-based presence and stocks an enormous variety of fashion brands (we're stocked in both locations online and in-store)
- The Immaculate Vegan - a platform dedicated to stylish vegan fashion and accessories (you'll find us there too!)
A look back at our time at The Spirit of Christmas Fair 2019
Back in 2019, we published an announcement that all ‘All good things come in threes’...
The Morphbag by GSK joined Ethical Brand Directory + The Spirit of Christmas in a massive partnership and sustainable shopping edit, sponsored by BULB. We were chosen by Sustainable Fashion Stylist Roberta Lee, founder of The Ethical Brand Directory (EBD) to be part of a dedicated pop-up space showcasing ethical and sustainable fashion brands, and gifts perfect for Christmas and beyond. This was our first big collaborative pop-up with other like-minded brands and business owners - and we loved it.
You could say, it was the start of our pop-up addiction! We got a real taste for pop-ups, working in collaboration - and changing the way we do things so every year we become more sustainable than the one before (another 3 great things!).
We were so proud to be at the Christmas extravaganza that is 'The Spirit of Christmas' shopping event back in 2019 - it was the last big festive shopping event before the global pandemic hit so we have fond memories indeed.
We won't be participating this year as EBD decided not to take part - but we will be popping in to do a spot of shopping and support the new wave of sustainable brands that will be setting up their stands this year.
Let us know in the comments, where you'll be heading this year for your Christmas Shopping.